Philipp is a founder of our firm and works with entrepreneurs, senior management and boards on digital strategy and M&A initiatives. He has led some of the most successful transactions in the digital marketing, media and e-commerce SaaS and services sectors in Germany over the past 10 years, including the acquisition of ADTECH by AOL, the acquisition of 3GNet by iCrossing, which was subsequently acquired by Hearst Corporation for a reported $325M, the formation of UDG United Digital Group, with over $150M financing from EQT, the acquisition of explido by Dentsu Aegis Network and combination with iProspect Germany, and the acquisition of Optivo by Deutsche Post DHL and subsequent buy-out by Episerver, with financing from Accel-KKR.
He was formerly a Director at Goldman Sachs/iFormation, where he was responsible for growth capital transactions in partnership with Fortune 500 corporations. Previously, he served as Vice President at Internet Capital Group, where he invested into growth companies in the business services and enabling technology sectors. Prior to joining Internet Capital, Philipp spent over five years with McKinsey & Co. in Munich, Düsseldorf and London.
Philipp holds an MBA from Harvard Business School, an MA in philosophy, mathematical logic and linguistics from the University of Munich, and a BA from the University of Tübingen. He was a scholar of the German Academic Scholarship Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes).
Philipp recently worked with emerging and established sector leaders such as m-pathy (Nasdaq: VRNT), Tessian, diffferent (LON: WPP), and Episerver (Insight Partners).
- Tessian raises $65M to advance security at the human layer
- Fraser makes early commitment to Spearad
- m-pathy has been acquired by Verint Systems
- Tessian raises $42M Series B led by Sequoia
- Navigating opportunities in e-commerce AI
- Aligning strategy and M&A for customer experience leader
- SYZYGY, backed by WPP, acquires leading strategy firm diffferent
- Episerver, backed by Accel-KKR, acquires Optivo GmbH
- ADTZ acquires Glow Digital Media to form Adglow
- Fraser makes early commitment to Tessian
- ProSiebenSat.1 builds out AMPYA video platform
- Dentsu acquires explido to form explido-iProspect
- Deutsche Post DHL acquires Optivo
- UDG United Digital Group formed with backing from EQT
- Deutsche Post DHL acquires nugg.ad AG
- Hearst acquires digital marketing services provider iCrossing
We are a new kind of advisory firm founded on the principle of combining strategic insight with investment banking capabilities and deep sector expertise to form true partnerships with our clients.
If you are passionate about growth businesses and enjoy creative and critical thinking within a positive culture of teamwork, then please get in touch and explore opportunities.
For students and recent graduates, we offer internship and summer associate programs, including off-cycle positions designed as an opportunity to learn about investment banking and gain hands-on experience in the industry.
We are always seeking to speak to experienced professionals, venture partners, and senior advisors, who can step on our platform to advance their careers or broaden the scope of their engagements.